Golden Earring wrote:
> I've always harboured a secret desire to visit Amsterdam. I've been told
> that the music in the cafes sounds amazing...

Cafes or coffee shops? :)

There are some great jazz cafes - and great venues such as Paradiso (an
old church, and way too small for major acts, but they still do it
because... well.. it is Paradiso), Carre (an old circus), and for
classical, there is Concertgebouw. All within easy walking distance.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953