Hi all!

Tragically, I have to report a persistent delusion that the Mytek
Brokkly DAC seems to be getting better with use. I have been revisiting
many familiar "Red Book" recordings and whilst the clarity is still
astounding any trace of digital "hardness" is disappearing. The designer
claims that this happens as the unit "burns-in" (audiophile myth) so I
must be suffering from his subliminal suggestion...  He does have
"Rasputin-like" eyes, as it happens.

Vis-a-vis the ABX test, I've been reading up on some eminently practical
& inexpensive suggestions from Alan Shaw of Harbeth Audio regarding the
construction of "instantaneous" switch boxes which can readily be
adapted to create a suitable unit for rigorous "double-blind" testing.
Don't want to get the implementation wrong, you'll get your laughs after
the testing not before!

Can I tempt anyone else to join the eventual party?

Dave :)