arnyk wrote:
> Just goes to show that you can't teach Placebophiles about audio.
>
> In general if you do proper listening comparisons among DACs, you can't
> reliably hear the difference between a $7.95 DAC from eBay and the Mytec
> or Benchmark products, as good as they are and as mediocre as the eBay
> DAC is.
>
> These days even just technically  mediocre is better than our ears can
> tell.  Our eyes, well that is a different matter. ;-)

Hi Arny!

Hope you're having a good weekend - I note that you're back to your
irascible best. :eek:

I've already got your take on DAC's loud & clear from your previous
great deal of effort testing various DAC's, & may or may not take your
hard line on this matter.

Quite apart from purported audible differences, which objective tests
would seem to show should be minimal or negative rather than positive,
there are such areas as feature set, ergonomics and the performance of
analogue stages to consider, so my enquiry is quite genuine.

I am still hoping to receive a reply from Archimego who appears to have
a friend whom you would label a "placebophile" - I hope that he has a
thick skin like me, or else that he doesn't follow this forum...

Dave :)