ralphpnj wrote:
> Quick question:
>
> What would you do with 192kHz, 176.4kHz, DSD and 32bit files?
>
> My answer:
>
> I convert/resample 192kHz to 96kHz (flac)
>
> I convert/resample 176.4kHz to 88.2kHz (flac)
>
> I convert DSD files to 24bit/88.2kHz flac files
>
> I convert/resample 32bit to 24bit (flac)

I use high bitrate MP3s because I make frequent use of a laundry list of
players, and its one of the few  formats they all handle.  MP3 seems to
be more widely compatible than any of the lossless formats including
.wav.  No playbable music is about the biggest sound quality problem I
can think of. ;-)