Eyerex wrote:
> Will have to take the test as i own a Meridian Explorer 2 only problem
> is i live in the world of budget HiFi so running on a PiCorePlayer with
> a Yamaha A-S500 and a set of JPW Sonatas but will give it a go
>
> PS i normally listen to electronic music but can appreciate classical
> music as playing a instrument is sadly a talent i will never have plus
> Kim André Arnesen's MAGNIFICAT was a demo track i got with my Explorer 2
> with is stunning

Your Yamaha / Meridian Explorer 2 / JPW Sonata would be a great system
to test with. As I mentioned in the blog, there's certainly no need for
megabuck systems! After all if MQA is a significant upgrade in sound
quality that's worthwhile enough for TIDAL streaming to everything from
megabuck systems to headphone users, a system such as yours and your
impression could/should/would be a very fine test subject along the wide
price-points audiophiles use.

Enjoy!

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.