bencat wrote:
> I have over five Raspberry Pi based units most with Digi Hats feeding a
> digital signal in to the system DAC . I also have a Justboom Amphat
> powering speakers in the Kitchen . I have a SBT but it is currently
> unused in the large chest i use to keep all my excess wires and
> equipment.
>
> All the Digihats I have tested HiFiBerry , JustBoom , Allo Digione offer
> a much better sound quality through the DAC,s in the various system I
> use which is not surprising as in each case the DAC is over three times
> the cost of the SBT . I would say that the AlloDigione when used with
> the Shanti power supply is by far the best digital source i have used to
> date and is the one I would reccomend.
>
> Using DAC boards the Khardas Toneboard is the best audio quality i have
> heard as a pure Pi and DAC combination and this offers in my view much
> better sound quality than a SBT on its own . I have not used any other
> hat DAC,s as listed above but I would say that all of the items offered
> by Allo Audio seem to be made and designed with sound quality as the
> main objective so any DAC Hat they make is likely to to sound excellent
> and would be at least the equal of an SBT if not better.

Have missed this input in the flow ... :-/ this was a really interesting
read. Thanks for input! :-)

Seems like you've done lots of comparasion? Do you have any preferences
feeding your DAC? (optical or coax?) Also regarding your kitchen setup;
been thinking about these "AMP HATS" that exist. Could be really
interesting solution in different setups. Would love to hear more
specific what speakers you're driving with that Amp Hat? I can google
for specs myself naturally if you have brand & model. Otherwise if you
know power, sensitivity, impedance maybe?