Heuer wrote:
> From what i have read these super switches sit upstream of the source
> (NAS, Tidal etc) and act as a sort of noise condoim. From Uptone:
>
> "The heart of what makes our switch so unique is use of ACTIVE,
> HIGH-SPEED, LOW-JITTER DIFFERENTIAL DIGITAL ISOLATOR chips in
> conjunction with ULTRA-LOW JITTER DIFFERENTIAL RE-CLOCKING FLIP-FLOPS.
> No other Ethernet switch on the market does this. Implementing this
> architecture correctly is difficult and costly!
>
> Going from port-to-port on the ‘A’ side of EtherREGEN is already better
> than most any other switch, but crossing our Active Differential
> Isolation Moat (“ADIM™”)—to its ‘B’ side—brings an unmatched level of
> Ethernet performance for audio. On the circuit board photos you can see
> the EtherREGEN’s “moat,” across which sit the differential digital
> isolators.
>
> The design methods and innovative ADIM™ of the EtherREGEN results in
> dual, isolated clock/data/power domains, blockage of all external
> leakage currents, a significant reduction in upstream phase-noise
> fingerprint, and maximal signal integrity."

Lots of pseudo techie words put together in long sentences but I still
read it as “bollox”.
I am fully prepared to accept that power supply to a device such as a
DAC can have a bearing on the analogue output but on the digital side a
1 is a 1 etc yet these purveyors of highly priced snake oil switches
would have you believe the 1s are sharper and the 0s more rounded.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS