On Mon, 2013-09-30 at 13:17 +0900, sf...@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Ben Hutchings:
> > So far as I could tell, the rest were new features - which aren't
> > suitable for a Debian stable update - or adding donors to the
> > documentation.  Are you concerned that some bug fix might have a
> > dependency I didn't notice?
>
> I understand that there are unimportant (for debian) commits in all 85,
> and you exclude them.
> But the commit list I wrote in my previous mail contains important
> ones. So they are recommendation from me. Of course the choice is yours.
> If we think the word "bugfix" strictly, you should pick
>
> ca0e87b 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 6/6, the inode attributes
> 724b70b 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 5/6, actually unlock the parent and relock
> ead9579 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 4/6, aufs_rename() always copies-up the
> src dentry
> 8b550ff 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 3/6, aufs_link() copyup dentry using
> src_dentry's name
> 8a4170f 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 2/6, au_pin supports temporary
> unlock/relock
> c90d846 2013-04-20 aufs: new copyup 1/6, copyup as a hidden name
>
> too. They are for the bug Al Viro pointed out.
> As my very personal opinion, the problem will not occur while it is
> surely a bug. Theoritically it should be fixed and these commits did.

These are quite big changes that seem to carry a risk of regression (in
fact you listed several fixes for regressions).  Since you say the bug
being fixed is not that big a risk itself, this does not seem like a
sensible change for a stable update - particularly as you won't provide
any further regression fixes for 3.2.x.

> > I can change the version string again if you think it should have
> > 'debian' in it.
>
> Yes please. It is important.

I will do this but it is now too late to include this change in the
Debian 7.2 point release.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, reading IRC for the first time

October Webinars: Code for Performance