Hi,
   Linux is a custom vanilla 3.10.27 above a debian live (squeeze based), and
   following the README.
   From aufs3.10.x branch, I apply the following patches:
   aufs3-kbuild.patch
   aufs3-base.patch
   aufs3-mmap.patch
   aufs3-loopback.patch (NOT MENTIONED IN THE README)
   aufs3-standalone.patch
   I   copy   the   Documentation/  and  fs/  folders,  as  well  as  the
   include/uapi/linux/aufs_type.h in the kernel dir.
   My .config file has the following AUFS things:
   CONFIG_AUFS_FS=m
   CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_127=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_511 is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_1023 is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_32767 is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_SBILIST=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_HNOTIFY is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_EXPORT is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_RDU is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_SP_IATTR is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_SHWH is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_BR_RAMFS=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BR_FUSE is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BR_HFSPLUS is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_BDEV_LOOP=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is not set
   Everything compiles fine!
   The only that I'm not sure how to do in the initramfs is the "fs-aufs"
   thing. Could that be the cause?
   Thanks,

   --
   François <[1]fdelawa...@wirelessmundi.com>
   Wireless Mundi S.L.

   On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 21:50 +0900, sf...@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Hello Francois,

Fran ois:
> Having a small issue with aufs branch 3.10.x on linux 3.10.27. Compiles
> OK but when trying to boot "debian live", I see a kernel BUG when trying
> to mount aufs with a squashfs+tmpfs:
        :::
> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000018
> IP: [<ffffffffa00d66bf>] au_test_loopback_overlap+0x34/0x59 [aufs]

How did you build your kernel and aufs module?
I am afraid there is something unmatching in your build system.
For example,
- which patch did you apply to your kernel?
- what is your configuration?

For the correct building steps, please refer to aufs README file.

J. R. Okajima