Fran ois:
> Right. Everytime I try something new, I apply all patches and copy the
> directories to my kernel sources and recompile the entire kernel, just
> to be sure.

Hmm...
Then it might be a brand new problem.
Would you apply this patch and try reproducing?
This patch doesn't fix any problem, but produces an error msg.
I need to know where it happend (as a line number in source file).

> To be clear, the "aufs" module is not compiled standalone, but directly
> within the kernel.

??
You compiled aufs as a module by
CONFIG_AUFS_FS=m, right?
Or the word "standalone" differs between us?

> Sorry I missed that part. It's difficult because the issue happens in
> initramfs when trying to load the root FS, so I have to transcribe
> everything by hand...

Thanks.

J. R. Okajima