On 15/11/2023 17:59, 7Ji wrote:
Hello Leonidas,

Hello,

I've changed the subject since this is not related to the thread about requests.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but since Arch Gitlab is restricting registration I don't have an account to ask there

You can ask for an account - please send an email with your desired username in accountsupp...@archlinux.org to handle the request.

As I want to poke around the aurweb codes and possibly send patches later, I've just fetched the source and dug a little bit.

I suggest to also join #archlinux-aurweb where the codebase discussion is happening and we can answer questions.

Turns out, based on how aurweb/initdb.py is written, and digging the internal DB after started aurweb for some testing, there's no field for package arch in DB, so adding an arch key to the DB would be a pretty big and perhaps breaking change (Hardly anyone would want and dare to add a column to an in-production table). But if it really is possible, considering v6 API is pending, there might be enough time window to implement the API change alongside DB change.

We can add a column, it's not an issue really and we can run migration scripts automated with a new version release to align all current packages. We might potentially implement some kind of validation as well during the submission of a PKGBUILD to allow certain architectures - will need to do some work on what's the current state of all PKGBUILDs - fun times :)

It's kinda a shame I don't really have much time until the end of the year to really work on this. May I ask, when will the v6 API be published?

Hard to say. Not entirely sure what's missing from v6 at the moment.

Cheers,

--
Leonidas Spyropoulos
Developer & DevOps