ahh the freedom of choice!

whenever I glide I assume risk, I am thrilled that I have the option of
choosing higher or lower risk options every moment of every minute that I am
flying. this is a wonderful aspect of our sport.

competition has additional risk. I try and make good decisions to minimise that
risk the best of my ability but I still participate as that is my choice as it
is the right of others not to.

I have observed in the short 7 years I have participating in competitions that
there is continuous and vigourous scrutiny over the mechanisms and structures
under which competitions are held. i believe this is healthy and should be
encouraged by pilots, organisers and the governing bodies alike.