From: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au>
To:"Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au>
Sent:Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:42:18 +1100
Subject:Re: [Aus-soaring] Potential dangers in the sport of gliding

 >>I will further suggest to all forum members, most of whom are NOT
competition pilots……… definitely no circuits !! {edited}

 Here is the logic. We fly a standard circuit, because over time it
has
 proved to the the best and safest thing to do. During comps, we are
 prepared to compromise safety. More people die in comps than during
 non-competition flying.

 Is it any wonder that most glider pilots are not comp pilots!?