On 10 Mar 2016, at 9:38 PM, <opsw...@bigpond.net.au> <opsw...@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:
> Be aware that the accident reporting system some years ago going into the GFA
> system was significantly deficient.  In one state reporting was running at
> about  50 -70% of the claims rate.
>
> If we had not seen a change in the culture,  discussions were going to be
> taken with the insurance industry to obtain actual claims data.

I don’t care about accident rates in aviation generally. I care about my
personal accident rate.

I can control my personal culture, and certain parts of my environment. I can
influence, but not control, the culture of those around me.

I’ll go through my life trying to be the centre of a little bubble of
accident-free aviation, immersed in the frothy statistical noise of whatever
Teal and Michael are discussing.

When evaluating any question with statistics, one of the first questions to ask
is whether your sample is reflective of your population. I’m a sample size of 1
in a population of 1. Everything outside that is pretty uninteresting to me.

  - mark