On 11 Mar 2016, at 9:16 AM, Optusnet <jjsincl...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> At some point some poor bunny has to put their neck on the block and be
> prepared to look your wife and kids in the eye and say. " I conducted his AFR
> as required by a approved revalidation program, a program that is authorised
> by an authority that has been shown to lower the risk of sailplane flying. I
> am terribly sorry and devastated that he has had a fatal accident however he
> deliberately chose to -insertSOPbreachhere- and that substantially increased
> the risk to his operation. My sign off on his AFR was very clear in the
> expectation to follow the guidance given by those that authorise our
> operation.

Incidentally: People die in aircraft all the time, and what you just wrote
never happens. It’s 24 carat rolled-gold bullshit.

Giving someone a flight review is not the same as taking responsibility for
their safety.
Their safety is their responsibility. The fact that GFA has deliberately gone
out of their way to implement a misalignment between safety responsibility and
safety accountability adds unnecessary complexity, but doesn’t change anything
else.

  - mark