From: Aus-soaring [mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.base64.com.au] On Behalf Of
Christopher McDonnell
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 4:39 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Fw: Nigel's omission

Partly true Reg but I would have expected some due diligence to be applied.

Here is some fairly standard wording of conditions applied to awards processes.
(bolding is mine)

“To preserve their prestige, an Honorary Award will only be made to persons of
appropriate standing and there is no expectation or requirement on (insert) to
make an award in any category in any year. (Insert) follows a rigorous
selection process, using specified criteria and the application of due
diligence and risk assessment processes designed.”

Unless something is meant to be a surprise it is not unusual to approach a
nominee in confidence beforehand which in the case at hand would have been
beneficial.

Chris