From: Aus-soaring [mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.base64.com.au] On Behalf
Of Justin Couch
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:20 PM
To: aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Nigel's omission

On 24/07/2016 8:38 PM, Noel Roediger wrote:
> The fact Harry learned of his award indirectly indicates the GFA trophy
awards committee are not aware of this.

> It is the obligation of the awards committee to verify any nomination and
advise the proposed recipient.
I was at the awards night. Several people were there to accept awards on
behalf of others - including the family of a deceased recipient. So there
was definitely contact going well before the awards night. Now why Harry
only learnt about his late, I have no idea.

As for the details of the specific award and who it was made to - as someone
else has said - it is by nomination. So, someone in the gliding community
felt it was worthwhile acknowledging Harry's work, but for whatever reason
didn't include Nigel. If the nomination was just Harry and the awards
committee decided on their own to just add in another co-recipient, the
howls would be even louder! They're in a no-win situation either way.

--
Justin Couch                                 http://www.vlc.com.au/
Java 3D Graphics Information                    http://www.j3d.org/