I've personally sent one person (first) solo in a G109 and also been
involved in sending a number of cadets (first) solo in Motor Falkes.

        SWK

----- Original Message -----
From: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
To:"Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
Sent:Mon, 6 Feb 2017 13:51:45 +1100
Subject:Re: [Aus-soaring] MEMBERSHIP AND A WORLD REVIEW

 On Feb 6, 2017, at 1:30 PM, Ulrich Stauss  wrote:
 Also, if my understanding is correct it is possible fly a
self-launcher with a C certificate (plus corresponding
training/endorsement) under the supervision of an instructor(?).
You can do all of your ab initio training in a self-launcher,
including first solo.
 Far from needing a C Certificate to fly in, you can use one to get
your C certificate.
 And now the call from someone within the upper rungs of the GFA that
“anyone cleared to fly a Self Launcher automatically has L2 OPS
annotated on GPC“. Hmmm. Maybe the people who (want to) doctor
around with the MOSP should actually read and (try to) understand it.

 MOSP Pt 2 20.1.2 doesn’t require a C certificate.
 It’d be a bit odd for an operational rating to need a sporting
qualification as a prerequisite. (notwithstanding that the MOSP has
maintained that oddness on many occasions in the past)
 The “self-retrieving … [to] an alternative safe landing site”
purpose in 20.1.3 looks like a pretty stretchable loophole :-)
   - mark

Links:
------
[1] mailto:usta...@internode.on.net