Hi

Almost all the turnpoint data contained in the various files on the WorldWide
Turnpoint Exchange (http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/TP/AU.html) does not
have elevation data.  When you have something like a Cambridge 302/303 in
your cockpit, it's nice to be able to work out final glide and available
height at your target if your waypoint database supports it (rather than
having everything in the database located at sea level !).

I have sifted through the 1400+ co-ordinates from Geelong Gliding Club's
contribution and added elevations to those airfields that appear in ERSA, but
I would like to make it as complete as possible with accurate data from other
sources.

So let me ask some questions which I hope the combined genius on this list
can answer

(a) with the airfields listed, are the co-ordinates in these databases from
ERSA or from some other source/feature (some say terminal building, for
instance, but many have no specific details) ?  As an aside, what marker
point does ERSA use ?  Not being a power pilot with an ERSA to hand, I don't
know.

(b) how were the airfield elevations not in ERSA obtained ?  I am assuming a
drop-in visit with a handheld GPS.

(c) does anyone else have elevation data for these turnpoints that could be
used for any of these points to fill in the gaps ?

I know, you're not going to land on a silo or railway siding, but it would be
nice to know what height you were AGL at those points, especially where the
ground height and local air pressure varies from that at your home airfield.

I am specifically interested in the NSW data as that's where most of my XC
flying is likely to take place.

Cheers

Jason Armistead