At 08:51 PM 09/01/2004 +1000, Mike Borgelt wrote:

>(b) how were the airfield elevations not in ERSA obtained ? I am assuming a
>drop-in visit with a handheld GPS.

ERSA uses Aerodrome reference point - not necessarily all that near the
runways.

An old ERSA which I have at home says it is "the ELEV of the highest point of the landing area AMSL"

A pity it doesn't elaborate on the Geographic Location.

For the benefit of dummies like me Mike, what is the definition of the "Aerodrome Reference Point" ?

>(c) does anyone else have elevation data for these turnpoints that could be
>used for any of these points to fill in the gaps ?

Try topo maps.

Yes, the AUSLIC (now Geosciences Australia) 1:250 000 raster maps might just do it. I need to consult one of our club members who has purchased these when he returns from camp at Forbes.

Cheers

Jason