PLBs yes - Hand Held radios and mobile phones tend to be

H˛O adverse.

It comes down to, what environment you are going into, how much money you

have to spend, and how much kit you can or are prepared to carry. If your

flush with cash one of the Globalstar satellite phones are the go – GSM or

CDMA that become a satellite phone then out of grand station coverage.

I would also like to know about transportable mobile phone base stations if

there are such things.

SDF