Guys and Gals,

What is the scope and target audience of the proposed Gliding Movie?

The reason I am asking is, I have recently seen some great sport
presentations 30 to 60 minutes on sports including paragliding, canoeing,
scuba, and they make the activities look very exciting.  I have not seen any
similar footage on gliding. But I am sure that the right people with the
right equipment could make our sport look exciting. Some one preparation for
a long cross country, a safari, or a diamond height gain where no one has
done one before.

Personally I would like to see all our competitions filmed in a similar way
we see cycling, car rallies, and other sports that are not contained in an
arena filmed and packaged. The complete event is then presented in 40 to 60
minutes of footage - I believe that a Gliding Comp could be made to look
very exciting.

This kind of exposure would educate people that we don't fly round and round
over airfields and it is a serious sport. This should attract people to
gliding who may have written the sport off as not for them because of
misconceptions.  That's the dream - can we make it reality?

What do think

SDF