Re: I think there will be an exclusion zone given the current security
environment.
Someone at Kingaroy said there was one around the Tarong power station but
I've been unable to confirm.

Having recently flown at Kingaroy, and reading in the local newspaper that the Tarong
plant was "nervous" about light aircraft, I was interested that there was no official
warnings from the CFI about overflights. I am sure that there is nothing official, and
if there was, where would one find out? I imagine there is an exclusion around all
large essential infrastructure (especially nuclear), although I dont personally have
the charts to confirm. What probable outcome for a rec pilot could result in
overflying such an exclusion?

The tower is a fantastic idea, (and a bit more aerodynamic than the pics of the link)
with support from the gliding fraternity at its early stages -there are at least 3
clubs close by- tourism and gliding could boom in the area. Am I looking through too
many layers of rose-colored glass?? :-) Wayne Carter, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
as you just never know