It does not matter whether it is "and" or "or" It is quite clear what the
intent of this regulation is, and that is the maintainance of 200ft
seperation between sailplanes IN ANY Direction. To make some argument of
ambiguity when the alternate understanding is clearly a nonsense serves no
purpose to this discusion.

Lets take this back to basics, which is that there is an appears to be a
lack of knowledge in some elements of the the gliding community regarding
the basic rules of the air. The extent of this problem and its cause, needs
to be determined. I suspect that some clubs may not be placing sufficient
emphasis on this subject during their training process, which leads to the
question what other things could be slipping through the net.

We have an organisation within the Gliding movement whose responsibility is
to ensure that teaching practices across all clubs in Australia follow
standards set be the GFA. Issues such as this should be addressed by the
NGS, if we can't ensure that the National training standards are adhered to,
we run the risk of having them taken out of our control.

John Parncutt