At 08:51 PM 20/06/05 +1000, you wrote:
>Went searching through some old AG's (after finding the box in the
>garage roof space).
>Those of you who have AG August 1992 might find pages 16 -17 - 18 - 19
>relevant.
>Given the subject, and the author, I would have thought it reasonably
>definitive at the time.
>If anyone can find 200 ft mentioned (and I have read it 5 times in the
>last day or so), then please advise page, paragraph, line and word count
>from beginning of line.

One could surmise that the author hadn't heard of the 200 foot rule either.
LOL!

While you can fly safely with other gliders without this rule it does at
least give a guide as to what is considered "too close". "Don't fly in the
same cockpit with someone braver than you" should perhaps have "don't fly
in the same thermal with someone braver than you" added.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784