Hi all,

As I understand it, it was Tod Sandercock and Rob Moore who set up the
XCSoar PC display for FLARM at the Gawler nationals.  I modified XCSoar
to display FLARM objects rather hastily, and produced a Windows PC build
for them.

If you want a big display in the pie-cart, you'd be best to use a PC
rather than a pocket PC; and keep the display indoors, with the FLARM
antenna and GPS antenna outdoors.

Another issue you will need to resolve of course is supplying power to
the PC.

Maybe a cheap option is to buy (or have donated) a second-hand laptop.
XCSoar runs pretty efficiently so you don't need anything powerful.

I think we will need to set up some webpages on
http://xcsoar.sourceforge.net on how to set things up.

While we are on the subject, I would like feedback from those interested
in this application on XCSoar as to what display features would be
desired.  Currently there is a red circle target displayed for each
FLARM aircraft.  I am thinking of implementing the following additional
features:
 -- Short snail trail behind each FLARM aircraft.
 -- Display of aircraft rego gleaned from a lookup from the FLARM
pseudo-static id or ICAO id
 -- Display of altitude/speed
 -- Maybe have a way of allowing users to click on a FLARM aircraft with
the mouse and then the display moves with that aircraft as if you are
riding along with that aircraft.

Best regards,

Johnny