Thanks John

So I am assuming the problem only occurs due to incorrect assembly and not during operation after a correct assembly.

Paul

John Giddy wrote:
Paul wrote:

Mike Borgelt wrote after some heavy snipping:
(the infamous Glasflugel aileron drive problem - Murphy's Law at work).

Mike

Mike, would you mind expanding on that please, this is not a loaded question, I would just like to know.

Thank you

Paul Bart

Glasflugel designed a "gimbal" drive method to transfer the pushrod movement parallel to the spar to the up and down movement required by the aileron. This gave a very compact drive system which didn't need any protruding covers for push-rods or drive horns. However, these gadjets were in right and left handed versions, and could be installed in the wrong wing, leading to reversed aileron travel.
Most pilots find this too challenging...

GFA now has an AD (AD460) which requires that these drive gimbal units be colour-coded to match colour-coded mounting positions in the wings.

It is always instructive to remember that most (all?) of the accidents, caused by the incorrect assembly, followed checks for CORRECT CONTROL OPERATION by several experienced pilots...
John G.