Dave the way I am reading your definition a 4WD is defined more by ground
clearance than the number of wheels doing the driving - interesting.

Provided it can carry all my gliding gear and tow my trailer into and out of
any paddock to retrieve when I out land I don't

need a monster truck (most of us don't) lets be honest most of us spend most
of our time on the black stuff.   "Soft Roaders"

SUV or what ever you like to call them make excellent gliding vehicles -
what else really matters.

SDF

PS - Mitsubishi may have some problems selling most of us the "Outlander"
however

  _____