As others have suggested, I think it is really a marketing, vague
distinction. But my perception (pulling on the flame suit) is that there is
a "macho" element that drives "real" four wheel drives on "great bush
adventures" and tends to look somewhat disparagingly at the "soft roaders"
who drive from home to the school Monday to Friday and to the coffee shop on
Saturday. So you can't call them "four wheel drives" just because all four
wheels drive!

"Real" four wheel drives go places where mere "all wheel drives" dare not
venture.

Once we put this debate to bed, perhaps we can start on "what is a sports
car..."

No doubt about this gliding forum, it broadens the education in all
directions...

Allan Armistead
ph (02) 6249 6470, mobile 0413 013 911
PO Box 908, Dickson ACT 2602, Australia

"When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been and there you always will be."
Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519