It is, But hybrid is often used to describe smart 4wd systems that engage and disengage themselves according to traction.

On 12/02/2007, at 9:11 PM, Stuart & Kerri FERGUSON wrote:

I thought a Hybrid was one of those funny cars that have both an electric and

a petrol engine, usually about Corolla size – do they make 4WD hybrids and can

you do an out landing retrieve in one in NSW without the local Bush Fire brigade

in tow – there is a topic in it self.

SDF.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:aus- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David and Justine Olsen
Sent: Monday, 12 February 2007 6:20 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] ..........how did we get from Spin training to agerelated topics

Was it 4WD, AWD or Hybrid :-)

It is critical. :-)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:aus- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Allan Armistead
Sent: Monday, 12 February 2007 4:12 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] Pirat and Polish glider that would not spin...

Age relates to low experience.

Gender has no relevance but that's how the story was relayed to me.

I was nearly run off the road on Saturday by a person in a 4WD (overtaking across a double line). It all happened so quick and I was too busy avoiding the head on to notice the sex of the driver, or I would probably be saying "a guy" or "a girl" in relaying the story. I expect if I post the details on a newsgroup some sensitive 4WD driver will ask me "what is the relevance of the type of vehicle" and it's not relevant (any more than the sex of the driver is relevant) but it's a fact of the story.

Allan Armistead
ph (02) 6249 6470, mobile 0413 013 911
PO Box 908, Dickson ACT 2602, Australia

"When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you always will be."
Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519