Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] RE: Another fatality

Yes in the Netherlands i is compulsory due to very small paddock size.

On 27/02/2007, at 7:41 AM, Derek Ruddock wrote:

I believe it has been mandatory for a number of years in one European
county (Holland?) to have wire strike protectors fitted.
These look like mini roll cages, with wire breakers, and fit inside  the
canopy
I remember seeing a glider in Australia (Paul Matthews?) flying  with one
some years ago