  From: Ashford
  To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
  Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:08 AM
  Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] Unleaded with Ethanol and glass fuel tanks

  I can tell you that the content of petrol for cars could have anything in it.
  Of course the old lead compound used to be an octane enhancer and I know that
Toluene is also used as an octane enhancer but despite how it comes from the
refinery the lack of controls means that there is significant incentive for
operators to add other substances to fuel and pocket the 45 cent excise.

  regards

  John Ashford

  0409679867