On 28/11/2007, at 10:12 PM, DMcD wrote:

And sure, while there are eagles up there, and sometimes you can soar past them, but you can't soar with them in a sailplane.

You've never thermalled with an eagle playing in your wingtip
vortices, or hovering a couple of metres away above and to one
side of your canopy, so close you can see the feathers on its
face waving in the breeze?

Every time a share a thermal with one of those guys I feel privileged.
The merest fraction of 1% of people alive on the planet today will
ever experience something like that, and I'm one of them.  Awesome.

  - mark