Hi DMcD

Have you really never shared a thermal with a wedgie?
A shame if that's the case, but please don't be so
arrogant as to to accuse the rest of us of spouting
'nonsense' or 'false advertising' - I for one find it
quite offensive & wonder what the point of using such
aggressive & negative language is. That & the fact
that you're just plain wrong of course!

Richard McLean
Wedgie lover

--- DMcD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HA.
> I'm not sure about all this "Soar with Eagles"
> nonsense when talking about
> sailplanes. It is false advertising and people who
> believe it will get a big
> let down when they find out just how noisy most
> gliders actually are. Maybe
> we'll get sued.
>
> And sure, while there are eagles up there, and
> sometimes you can soar past
> them, but you can't soar with them in a sailplane.
>
> If you want to soar with Eagles, then try an
> paraglider or a hang glider. A
> bit more damage when they attack the glider, but you
> can fly right up their
> freckle.
>
> The other nonsense about gliding is this silent
> flight biz. Maybe "not as
> noisy as powered flight" would be closer to the
> bone.
>
> In a really quiet aircraft (see above) you can get
> so close you can touch a
> bird or look it right in the eye as it flies an
> arm's reach from you... just
> before you get pecked.
>
> HTH
>
> DMcD
>

> On Nov 28, 2007 10:16 PM, Ben Jones
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  A contestants mum was in the group of case
> holders and mentioned that she
> > wants to learn how to fly a glider , a brief
> discussion happened about
> > wanting to fly gliders for a long time (mum)
> ....... I'd like to soar with
> > eagles stuff...
> >
> > Then Andrew got the geeks up stairs to research
> how much gliding is
> > ....... 5 mins later ...
> >
> > Andrew announced gliding was cheep 200 bucks for a
> 45 min flight to 4500'
> > with a gob smacking "5 mins at the controls"
> >
> > then they worked out how much flying mum could do
> if the daughter won 4500
> > bucks...
> >
> > Needles to say her daughter is poor at picking
> numbers and got stuff all.
> >

> > But don't ask me how I got home in time to watch
> this mind numbing TV.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Ben
> > West Oz

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.
www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail