Had a bad day perhaps? :P

Just to join in here, a few weeks ago I was in a big (in area) thermal in
the Diamant, doing large circles. I looked away, looked back to the inside
of the circle, and I had an Eagle about halfway down my inside wing, moving
from in front of the leading edge to the leading edge as well as moving up
and down the wing a bit. I had to look twice when the little bugger poked
his feet out and "rested", for want of a better word, on the leading edge
with it's wings still extended. I was kicking myself for not bringing a
camera. It was amazing to see this huge (Well, in bird sizes anyway) fella
on my wing, and it would somehow move off on a tangent with me, speed up,
and stay on the wing, without losing any height compared to the wing.

Yeah, that's my input =D

With the price, time, etc. that Ben said the presenter mentioned, m'thinks
that's not too bad. To an outsider, it would look cheap, and pointing out
you get to fly at some point is a bonus.

Dion.

On 29/11/2007, McLean Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi DMcD
>
> Have you really never shared a thermal with a wedgie?
> A shame if that's the case, but please don't be so
> arrogant as to to accuse the rest of us of spouting
> 'nonsense' or 'false advertising' - I for one find it
> quite offensive & wonder what the point of using such
> aggressive & negative language is. That & the fact
> that you're just plain wrong of course!
>
> Richard McLean
> Wedgie lover
>

> --- DMcD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > HA.
> > I'm not sure about all this "Soar with Eagles"
> > nonsense when talking about
> > sailplanes. It is false advertising and people who
> > believe it will get a big
> > let down when they find out just how noisy most
> > gliders actually are. Maybe
> > we'll get sued.
> >
> > And sure, while there are eagles up there, and
> > sometimes you can soar past
> > them, but you can't soar with them in a sailplane.
> >
> > If you want to soar with Eagles, then try an
> > paraglider or a hang glider. A
> > bit more damage when they attack the glider, but you
> > can fly right up their
> > freckle.
> >
> > The other nonsense about gliding is this silent
> > flight biz. Maybe "not as
> > noisy as powered flight" would be closer to the
> > bone.
> >
> > In a really quiet aircraft (see above) you can get
> > so close you can touch a
> > bird or look it right in the eye as it flies an
> > arm's reach from you... just
> > before you get pecked.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > DMcD
> >

> > On Nov 28, 2007 10:16 PM, Ben Jones
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >  A contestants mum was in the group of case
> > holders and mentioned that she
> > > wants to learn how to fly a glider , a brief
> > discussion happened about
> > > wanting to fly gliders for a long time (mum)
> > ....... I'd like to soar with
> > > eagles stuff...
> > >
> > > Then Andrew got the geeks up stairs to research
> > how much gliding is
> > > ....... 5 mins later ...
> > >
> > > Andrew announced gliding was cheep 200 bucks for a
> > 45 min flight to 4500'
> > > with a gob smacking "5 mins at the controls"
> > >
> > > then they worked out how much flying mum could do
> > if the daughter won 4500
> > > bucks...
> > >
> > > Needles to say her daughter is poor at picking
> > numbers and got stuff all.
> > >

> > > But don't ask me how I got home in time to watch
> > this mind numbing TV.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > Ben
> > > West Oz

<Nafoi> In our high school library, at the librarians desk there was a pair
of scissors for students to use, to stop people from stealing them the
genius had tied them to the leg of the desk with a piece of string.