Funny thing is not all clubs are declining, our club has its membership over
the last 12 months increase by 10%, I know Boonah, Kingaroy and DDSC are on
the rise as well. One contributing factor has been the increase in XC
courses, weekend training in X/C and the fact that on the downs given any
weekend we all fly set tasks - every weekend!

Maybe we should move the GFA to the true gliding hub of Activity -
Queensland!

Another note, the AAFC up here are doing a tremendous job at introducing and
training cadets, every 2nd or 3rd Sunday at Warwick a bunch turn up for ab
initio flights (I towed 30 on that Sunday until we ran out of light) and 3
or 4 weeks a year they hold training camps at Warwick, all over subscribed!
And 2 weekends ago we had over 60 cadets attend a 2 day event at Amberley
aimed purely at getting all the cadets a fly in either a glider, motor
glider or tomahawk - hugely successful.

I do agree however the training system needs an overhaul in that we need to
change our way of thinking to the 21st century, but the real downer will be
the cost of getting to an airfield and paying for an aerotow - all about to
increase significantly.

Cheers

Nig

The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages (which
includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the addressee any form of disclosure, copying,
modification, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on the
information is unauthorised. If you received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer system
network.

  _____