> Your tiny brain might like to contemplate the growth and success of other
> branches of sport aviation since 1984. A goodly part of that can be ascribed
> to getting regulation off people's backs.
>
> My "problem" with the GFA is that it wants to be a monopoly and write and
> enforce the rules for all glider pilots in Australia.

I don't really get the feeling that this topic is advance a jot by
comments like this. Anyway...

Participation rates in all sports are falling, including religions
such as association football.

All organisations will tend to encase themselves in concrete sooner or
later. I have not looked, but I would imagine that GA aircraft are
well stuck by now, and it would appear that even sports like hang
gliding are following suit.

The RAA is a new organisation, even compared with the HGFA, TARGA,
TASSA or other versions of the same. No doubt the RAA will go the same
way when it "matures".

I have no doubt that the GFA could be run differently, though I have
no personal problem with them at all and they have always done the
right thing by me.

The question is, what are your suggestions? What is your final
solution for fixing the problems you see, and who are you going to get
to join you in this revolution?

I guess this translates as put up or shut up.

DMcD