Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] GFA matters.

Terry, it seems to me that for the GFA, disseminating corporate
knowledge with regard to aviation stuff is a core function. One of the
strengths that we have is an ability to tap in to some diverse (and in
many cases wise) brains. Of the GFA executive that I have had dealings
with, I would be surprised if they behaved in a niggardly fashion when
it came to sharing the wisdom. Indeed I suspect that they would get a
kick out of supporting new blood to achieve success. An incremental
introduction of new blood sounds about right? = good succession
planning?

The big trick, is to identify the people with the attributes, enthusiasm
and time to spare to make the whole show move forward.
Simple really, innit?
Simon
Speling don't mak betta pylotts

All that said, I strongly disagree with any push to extend the terms of
the board or executive
members. There is no need, and if you just leave the incumbents doing
the job then there is no
incentive for anyone else to 'stand up'. It sounds like the issue is
around a lack of succession
planning. It won't be good if they all expire at the same time, so I
encourage a few people to step
down a little earlier to ensure a better transition. Maybe we should
support an Aus-Soaring
delegate to represent this group on the GFA board to replace the current
members - we could
lobby ourselves?

Disclaimer - I don't use a spellchecker and have fat fingers, so any
errors are typos not spelling
mistakes.

Terry