I have been flying in Sweden this northern summer until we put all of the
gliders to bed for winter a few weeks ago :-(

I approached a gliding club and they asked for my license. It wasn't a show
stopper that I didn't have one, they sent my GFA, club & medical details to the
Swedish equivalent of the GFA and I got approval to fly after 2 weeks.
Fun - hell yes, the thermals were small & strong requiring a precision I had to
polish.
Legal - I don't know but if I am here next spring / summer I will be flying
again out here. Great place, great people, they even mow the green grass on the
field.

It would be so much easier to have a recognised Glider License for travelling
pilots. OK, the flying is great in OZ, but with my work I can end up anywhere
in the world for an extended periods and the withdrawal symptoms from the lack
of gliding are terrible!

Ron
Stockholm