At 11:52 AM 13/11/2009, you wrote:
Still they are
at least better then the Kiwis, last time I looked they wanted you jump
through more hoops to get approval to fly a NZ registered aircraft on a PPL.
It actually seems easier to get a NZ CPL based on your Aussie CPL because of
the Trans Tasman Mutual Professional Recognition Act, I got it done recently
without any hassle other then having to do another medical.

Mark,

In 2002 I got my Australian PPL validated for use in NZ. Sent in photocopy of both sides of my licence(plastic card type), NZ$25 and got back in 2 days a sticker for my logbook which I have been registered with the CAA of NZ in accordance with CAR Part 61.5 for the purpose of exercising pilot licence priveleges in New Zeland registered aeroplanes.

No medical, no tests or anything.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments since 1978
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784

email:   mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com