Ross,

WinPilot on older iPaqs has serious issues with large databases of any kind. It
seems to be constantly checking final glide to any marks landable point in
either the TP file or the Airfield file (which contains every official airfield
in asia and australia) - it can't do this in the refresh time, so crashes
WinPilot - deleting the Airfield file helps.

I suspect that it is also constantly checking the distance to any airspace
boundary, but the calculation used is unable to ignore unrealistic points in
the file. This means a huge file causes the same problems as above.

In real terms (as you ask), WinPilot crashes if I try to use the airspace file
on either of the iPaqs I have owned.

Newer iPaqs with much faster processors, and processors better designed for
calculations will work, but may be close to the limit !

I have previously taken this huge airspace file and spent several hours
deleting any airspace that I wasn't likely to encounter from it, but this file
is out of date (even if I can find it again).

Matt