For a year or so now I have been using bi-focal glasses for driving at night,
and the same prescription in sunglasses for flying, fly fishing and driving on
sunny days. On a recent fishing trip to a remote Pacific atoll I spoke to a guy
who had had laser eye surgery to correct his long sightedness who was very
happy with the results. On my return, I did some research and noted that the
laser surgeons reccommend using contact lenses before having the surgery to
check how you will respond to having 'monovision'. I then did some more reading
on contact lenses and was happy to read that they are available in various
bifocal configurations (see
http://www.allaboutvision.com/over40/multifocalcls.htm )
I am now interested in perhaps getting contact lenses (cheaper than laser
surgery) and then being able to choose from a much bigger (and potentially
cheaper) range of regular sunglasses.
Has anyone taken this route? I would be interested to hear your comments.
Thanks, Bernie.
PS I also have 'reading glasses' for reading and computer, but can't see the TV
properly with either those or the driving glasses. Not to mention my workshop
glasses, and $2 knot tying glasses for fishing when I can't afford to drop my
proper glasses.

-----
No virus found in this message.