From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Ron Sanders
Sent: Monday, 25 August 2014 3:59 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Competition licenses - the emperor has no clothes

As I understand it that process might have been based on "goodwill" or some
other cooperation regime because when the BGA "license" was first introduced it
was not ICAO compliant as i understand it. And probably it was only to fly
German registered sailplanes IN Germany.
I would say that if it was not for a German registered glider to be flown in
Germany then Matthew just got away with it.
I do not know how far down the line the BGA is with is EASA compliance but at
the end of the road I would say you BGA license is still not really any good
unless the UK CAA has its stamp upon it.

Ron S