"XCSkies seems to be broken too, as well as just about everything that uses
GFS. Kind of tragic given this change has been in the works for years!
Of course RASP is all volunteers, but the paid services could have handled
it better...
I understand part of the upgrades was increasing the resolution of the seed
data from 36km grids to 13km grids so we might see more accurate forecasts
once they're fixed?"
Matthew

That's correct, the change was from 0.5 degree grid to 0.25 degree grid
resolution. That should improve forecast accuracy, but may also increase
computer run times significantly.
Some of the detail of the change was not distributed widely and early
enough; also many RASP admins were on holiday (maybe even flying!).
BB

"NOAA changed the format."
Gretje

Correct, NCEP (National Centers for Environmental Prediction) is part of
NOAA.

Regards, Bernie.