On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:17:39AM -0400, T L wrote:
> So my idea to boost marketing would be to have everyone write a blog post or
> two describing what wm they used before awesome--essentially a "why I
> switched" + "contrast and compare" article--and then another "first steps"
> with awesome or "top features" post.  To me, it seems like presenting the
> value of awesome (plus inbound links) from multiple places would be a great
> way to stimulate google traffic and generally increase popularity and
> awareness.

That's a great idea indeed, some days ago a thread was opened on the
lastfm group of awesome users
(www.lastfm.fr/group/Awesome+WM/forum/136900/_/618119). Advertising on
it on blogs might be a good idea too.
> 3) What about reaching out to other publications in addition to FLOSS Weekly
> and Arch Linux?  Would Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, and Gentoo have similar
> publications?  Also, how about more geek than tech sites like TechCrunch,
> Lifehacker, or Slashdot--those sites must have enormous readership?

Concerning fedora, I doubt it would be a good ad because it actually
requires rebuilding other stuff to get it working, it would be better to
advertise on awesome when all that's required is a simple yum install
awesome.

I'm in the same situation with mandriva and thus haven't planned to do
an article in Magnum - it's a magazine made by the french community of
mandriva users - because first I'd like to get awesome in.

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD