Hi Suneel,

     The way of handling the AOS configurations are different from Ax 3.0 and
Ax 4.0. In Ax 4.0 each and every instance are managed through Windows services.
Try the steps given below.

1. Load the Ax 4.0 DVD in the machine where your first instance is running.
2. Start the Ax 4.0 Installation and run only the AOS part again.
3. When you are doing the AOS installation for second instance, the
installation wizard will prompt you to enter the second Instance
details.Provide necessary information.
4. After the AOS installation is over, go to services and start the second
instance service(Assuming that you have already created the configuration for
the second instance in the Server configuraion utility which is available under
Administrative tools of Control Panel.
5. Try starting the Ax 4.0 Client.

Hope it will work.

Visit the link below, which will provide you some information on the Ax 4.0 AOS.

http://dynamicstech.blogspot.com/2007/04/whats-new-in-dynamics-ax-40-aos.html

Regards,
Venkat
http://DynamicsTech.blogspot.com