Hi Harry,

1 - Is there documentation explaining MS recommendations about SQL
Server setup you're talking about?

2 - Wow, never heard of those disc-alignment issue.  Seems to cause
quite of a performance problem.  It's surprising people don't talk
about that much.  I'll need a bit more reading to understand the
problem better and check if our SAN could suffer from this.  I hope
not!

3, 4 - Cluster Index and compatibility mode : Note inserted in my
upgrade plan. :)

Thanks for the tips!

Steeve...

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Harry Deshpande
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As per my experience SQL Server 2005 performance is much better
than '2000'.

> 1.       Please check whether the SQL Server setup is in line with
Microsoft recommendations.

> 2.       Go further and check things like disc-alignment. Take a
look at
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/christian/archive/2007/10/09/disk-
sector-alignment.aspx

> 3.       SQL Server 2005 engine is heavily optimized towards
cluster indexes. You will see a lot of cluster indexes introduced
from V4.0 onwards. Please back-port them. However, please note that
there is a small chance that the cluster indexes for some tables in
standard Ax may not be appropriate with your data usage pattern. In
this case you will have to figure out the best fit cluster index
yourself.

> 4.       Last but not the least make sure you are running the
database with compatibility mode 90. (It is easy to forget this).

> I must say I am a very happy camper since I started using SQL
Server 2005.

> Regards
>
> Harry

> rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
> specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm";
> The code provided (if any) may be written from the point of view of
> third party and the programming style/development standards may suit
> such a point of view.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steeve Gilbert
> Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:51 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Axapta slower on SQL Server
2005 then SQL Server 2000?

> I read a couple of post here and there about Axapta being slower on
SQL
> Server 2005 then 2000. I thought that people that have problem post
> messages and those who don't stays quiet. That's why I was only
seeing
> post about SQL 2005 being slower. But then I stubble on a post on
MBS
> forum

(http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbro
ws
> er/en-us/default.mspx?

query=sql+2005&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.database&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&
pt