Hi Harry,

It's ok, I didn't need any disclamer. :)  For sure, I'll run
different task on each workstation.  Thanks for the tip.

Steeve...

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Harry Deshpande
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, I must tell you that I am not an expert on bench-marking
>
> Regards
>
> Harry
> Ps: and I forgot to include the disclaimer in my last email*s*

> rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
> specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm";
> The code provided (if any) may be written from the point of view of
> third party and the programming style/development standards may suit
> such a point of view.

Server 2005 then SQL Server 2000?

> Hi
>
> Are you planning to use the same task for all the clients? May be
that is not a good idea since they will end up locking each other.

> I would say one client can do sales order, another can do gl
posting, another can do something in projects and so on.

> Regards
>
> harry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steeve Gilbert
> Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:15 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Axapta slower on SQL Server
2005 then SQL Server 2000?

> Hi Harry,
>
> Can you give me tips on how to build a good multi-user benchmark? I
> have a few long running db intensive task in Axapta that I was
> thinking of running. I can probably test it with 4 or maybe 5 client
> at time, do you think that will be multi-user enough?
>
> regards,
>
> Steeve...
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Axapta-
Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>, Harry Deshpande
> <harryd@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Another thing to note is if you are running benchmarks then please
> run the benchmarks in multi-user environment. SQL Server 2005 is
much
> better than '2000' in handling multi-user environment. (After all
> your live system works multi-user)
> >
> > You will get 100% advantage once you upgrade to 4.0+ version since
> concurrency has even been introduced in the AX application.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Harry
> >

> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
> > rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
> > specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm";
> > The code provided (if any) may be written from the point of view
of
> > third party and the programming style/development standards may
suit
> > such a point of view.

Server
> 2005 then SQL Server 2000?
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > As per my experience SQL Server 2005 performance is much better
> than '2000'.
> >

> > 1. Please check whether the SQL Server setup is in line with
> Microsoft recommendations.
> >
> > 2. Go further and check things like disc-alignment. Take a
> look at
> http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/christian/archive/2007/10/09/disk-
> sector-alignment.aspx
> >
> > 3. SQL Server 2005 engine is heavily optimized towards
> cluster indexes. You will see a lot of cluster indexes introduced
> from V4.0 onwards. Please back-port them. However, please note that
> there is a small chance that the cluster indexes for some tables in
> standard Ax may not be appropriate with your data usage pattern. In
> this case you will have to figure out the best fit cluster index
> yourself.
> >
> > 4. Last but not the least make sure you are running the
> database with compatibility mode 90. (It is easy to forget this).
> >
> > I must say I am a very happy camper since I started using SQL
> Server 2005.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Harry
> >

> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
> > rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
> > specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm";
> > The code provided (if any) may be written from the point of view
of
> > third party and the programming style/development standards may
suit
> > such a point of view.
> >
> > From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Axapta-
Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:Axapta-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:Knowledge-Village%
40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Steeve Gilbert

(http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbro
> ws
> > er/en-us/default.mspx?

query=sql+2005&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.database&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&