Hi,
I don't think we need to design new test suites at this time. What we need to do is adding comprehensive number of tests into the existing test suite sufficient for testing the focused code of refactoring. As I remember we worked on two test suites in the past but did not proceed adding more tests to them.

thanks,
Damitha