Subra A Narayanan wrote:

    >You mean 1.1?
    Sorry for the confusion. Yes I meant Axis2 1.1

    >This is a thread issues as per your description. Hence I wonder
    if gdb
    >trace would lead to the exact problem, but it will lead to some
    clues as
    >to where it is hanging etc.

    >The following information would help:
    >   1. What are the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS you used when compiling the
    >service? In other words what are the compiler options and -l (linker)
    >options? Have you linked your external library to the service so in
    >compiling? Is the external library on LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in a
    locatable
    >path?

Here are my CFLAGS and LD_FLAGS value. Here 'myclient' is the external library I have been telling you about.
CFLAGS = -fPIC -static-libgcc -shared -z initfirst
LD_FLAGS = -L /deps/axis2c/lib -L /mylib/ -l axutil -l axis2_engine -l dl -l pthread -l myclient

Yes the library is in a locatable path. It works just fine with Axis2 1.1. It gives me problem only with Axis2 1.2

Also I make couple of different calls to myclient library. Looks like only when I call a function that uses multiple threads does my code hand.

I cannot see anything wrong with LD_FLAGS.

Do you have Axis2 1.1 libs in the machine that you are testing with Axis2 1.2?

Also, I am not sure if -static-libgcc in CFLAGS would have a side effect.

Can you try with Axis2 1.3?

Samisa...